Column Sort, Order, Size
- Click column header to sort, click again to sort descending, click 3rd time to turn off sort on that column
- While 1 column is sorted, if they click another column header it will sort by that column as a secondary sort (can sort by as many columns as desired)
- To quickly clear all sorts on a list click Clear Sort button above grid
- Resize columns by clicking the edge of that column’s header
- Move columns around to reorder by clicking the column header and dragging to another position
- To show/hide columns in the view, click the Show/Hide Columns dropdown above the list and click the check boxes on columns you want to see or uncheck columns you don’t want to see
- The top row of the list is the search/filter row. You can type the value to filter in the blank field beneath any column header. To clear a filter, highlight the text typed in the filter field and delete it and then click Enter
- By default it searches for anything containing the filter text you typed but you can click the filter icon to the right of the field and change to other options such as “Is equal to” or “Starts with”.
- Use the Advanced Filter button to filter by multiple values (such as multiple locations or multiple vendors), or to do a range such as a date range or a range of numbers.
- In the Advanced Filter, lists (such as locations, GL Accounts, Transaction Types) will have a dropdown to select multiple values. For Dates and Numbers the Advanced Filter window will give 2 fields and you can search a range by selecting “Is after or equal to” in the first selection and “Is before or equal to” in the second.
- To easily clear all filters, click the Clear Filter button at the top Row Selection
- Blue text indicates a link and clicking that will open the record. Double clicking a row will also open the record
- Select 1 row by single clicking the row or clicking the checkbox on the far left of that row
- Ways to select multiple rows:
- Click each checkbox on the left of rows you want to select
- Click a row with mouse (not checkbox but somewhere in row), hold down Ctrl key and click other rows
- Click a row with mouse (not checkbox but somewhere in row), hold down Shift key and click the last row to select a range of rows
- Click a row with mouse (not checkbox but somewhere in row) and hold down left mouse button and scroll down to desired end of range and release left mouse button and range will be selected
- Once desired rows are selected, click Edit Selected button in ribbon to perform action on those rows.
- Select a saved view by clicking the dropdown at the top and choosing the desired view
- To save a view, click the Save View button at the top and a window will pop up where you can enter the name of the view and choose if it should be available to all users and then click Create View.
- To update an existing view, select that view from the list, make your desired changes and then click Save View. In the window that opens up click Update View. System views cannot be updated (those with “R365” at the end of their name). For a system view you can make changes and save with a new name by changing the View Name in Save/Delete view window and then clicking Create View button.
- To delete a view, select that view from the list and click Save View. IN the window that opens up click Delete button. System views cannot be deleted.
- To set your default view, select the desired view from the dropdown list and then click Set Default button at the top.
Refreshing and Exporting Table Contents
Exporting – To export the view-able contents of any table in Restaurant365, click the Export button in the upper right side of the ribbon. This will produce a CSV file that will be automatically saved to your browser-specified downloads location (typically the Downloads folder)