Administrative users that have access to the ‘Setup Assistant’ also have the ability to reset other Users’ passwords. This can be accomplished on the ‘Users & Security’ Section of the Setup Assistant, on the ‘Users’ Step.
- Hover over the ‘Administration’ menu in the top ribbon and select ‘Setup Assistant’ to open the Setup Assistant
- Navigate to the ‘Users’ Step on ‘Users & Security’ Section by clicking ‘Users & Security’
- This list will contain all of your Users with access to R365, including Employees that have been granted the ‘Employee App Access’ role
- Locate the User Record where the password needs to be reset and double click on the record line to open the record prompt
- Click in to the ‘Password’ field and enter a new temporary password. Once you begin typing, the ‘Send Temporary Password‘ button will appear to the left of the ‘Save & New’ button
- To complete the password reset process, click ‘Send Temporary Password’. The User will receive a system-generated message from R365 with the password that was set in the ‘Password’ field. This password will be flagged as a ‘Temporary’ password and will require the User to reset it upon first login
- Repeat the process for each User that needs their password reset