This article is part of the Scheduling Module training. Click here for more information on the Scheduling Module
A manager can make announcements for employees at their location. They can also decide to send the announcement out and which employees it should be sent to, and it will be sent using each employee’s preferred contact method (text or email or both).
To create a new announcement go to Scheduling – New Announcement in the top ribbon. An image of the announcement form is shown at the bottom of this post. The fields of the announcement form are explained below
- Announcement – this is the free text box where you type your announcement
- Start Date – the date you want the announcement to start showing up for employees
- Expiration Date – the date you want the announcement to stop showing up for employees
- Location – the restaurant location this announcement is for
- Alert Employees button – To alert employees of the announcement via text/email, click the Alert Employees button and then select which employees to alert. By default all employees at your location are selected.
To view the list of current and past announcements, go to Scheduling – Announcements in the left hand navigation pane and double click the row of an announcement to edit it.
A sample of the announcement form is shown below: